Friday, March 27, 2009

Terrible week with the perfect ending

I have to say this has probably been the worst week I have had in a long time. This is saying a lot since we have been through a lot in our infertility journey. The week started with me insisting that DH fax in his blood work to my RN to make sure we could get our donor password by the end of the week.

Tuesday I call my RN to double check that she has everything. She never called me back. Wednesday rolls around and I call again to double check. She calls me back in the afternoon and I don't get the message till 4pm. She tells me that they don't have my pap results. WTH? I call the Drs office where I had it done and they just refer me to the Drs voice mail and I leave a message.

Thursday started off terrible because I was full of anxiety. It was hard to function. Thank goodness for my students and teaching they were a great distraction. I still didn't get a response from my Dr about the pap results. To top this all off I find out another one of my co-workers is pregnant and on my way home from work my car starts acting up. After talking to my brother it sounds like my transmission is going out. So now I am not only worried about donor password, paying for a donor cycle but now also possibly having to get a new car.

The weekends today with me calling my RN and they still don't have my pap results. I call the Drs office again and finally talk to someone and they tell me my results are normal and they don't give you result if they are normal. WTH...I told the Dr that the results needed to be faxed to my RN. So I tell the person on the phone that they need to be faxed to my RN. I called my RN and told her she should expect my results and ask her to please call me if there were any other problems.

At this point I am not expecting to get my password till Monday. To my surprise while I was eating lunch in the teacher lounge my phone rang and it was the RN with my password!!! This made my day and I have almost forgotten all the bad of the week. I am so glad we got the password today because that means that DH and I can pick a donor this weekend. Things will finally be moving again!!!

No comments: