Sunday, November 9, 2008

More Baby Bellies

DH (Dear Husband) and I took a trip to Florida this weekend for a friends wedding. We got in late on Thursday night. Friday was our free day and we went to the beach. It was a lot of fun to put my feet in the sand and swim in warm water. After the afternoon at the beach DH went to the rehearsal and I got ready at the hotel. When he got back he pulled me aside and said, "______and his wife are pregnant." My heart sank, I am feeling a little weak in my strength this week. This is due to my younger sister giving birth to her son this past week. Part of me wished he hadn't told me.

We got to the rehearsal dinner and as I am composing myself right in front of me are two pregnant women. Both of them looked so happy with their husbands and engaged in conversation. If this had happened a few months ago I would have been ok but today it hurt to look at their pregnant bellies. All I can think is that this should be me, I should be ready to pop at this point. I asked DH to go and get me a drink, so I drank my troubles away. I don't drink very often so this was sooo out of character. I have to say that it helped with my pain for that night but it didn't take it away.

Saturday was the wedding, DH and I got the church just in time for him to take his groomsmen pictures. I end up talking to one of the musicians wife's. She was very nice and had a very simular dating story to me and DH. But of course the kids question came up. I have decieded to take the response of, "It is up to the big guy upstairs when we are so blessed with children." I will usually get the "Oh" and then they leave it alone. If they want more of course they can ask. She didn't take it any farther. Well, we went out to go get seated and of course who are the people handing out programs, none other then the two pregnant bellies from the rehearsal dinner. The other wife asked them how far along they were, while I just ignored their bellies because all I felt was jealousy.

All in all it was an ok weekend and I did enjoy Florida. I just feel so bad that I reacted to the news so badly. I wish so badly I could have gotten past myself and talked with the two pregnant ladies, but I just couldn't. I wonder who is next, is it me finally or do I get to watch more strangers and friend have what I so desperately want.

No comments: