Tuesday, February 17, 2009

THINGS ARE MOVING

Today I called to make my appointment for my mock embryo transfer. When I orginally talked to the RN I was under the impression that I could do it in the morning as part of my blood work and ultra sound. It turns out the soonest they can do a mock embryo transfer is 9am. To bad my first class starts at 10am and I wouldn't be able to make it on time. Normally I would just take a day off but I have 2 and 1/2 left so I am saving them. Also, I found out my old RE was the one doing the procedures that morning and he is the LAST person I wanted to see. I called my RN back and was praying that my RE could do it as a part of my appointment on Thursday. Luckily he is squeezing me in and I am very grateful.

Today I had a revelation. I was talking to one of my support mates and she is currently pregnant with donor sperm. I was expressing some of my concerns about donor egg and feeling like a failure. After posting back and forth a few time something she said hit me. Ever since that moment I have not doubted my decision to go ahead with donor eggs. I have also come to terms with the fact that I won't be able to use donor eggs from either of my sisters. Originally that was our first choice but my sisters aren't available right now and I have waited long enough. I know to some people a year isn't a long time but another year of the Infertility Journey sounds unbearable.

So in general today was a very productive day!!! I am really getting excited about having a baby and getting started with our first donor egg cycle.

No comments: