Monday, February 16, 2009

Picking a Donor

Sometimes I can't believe I am to this point in our TTC path. It seems like such a short time ago we went and saw the RE for the first time. Yesterday I officially started my mock E cycle to see how I respond to the estrogen. It is really weird because I have never done two cycles back to back before. I haven't given my body a break but I think it is different since I am not creating the eggs this time around.

A few days ago I started looking at the donors online. It is amazing how many wonderful women there are out their willing to donate their eggs to women like myself. But how do you pick? Who is the right one for you? Today I had my dad email me some baby pictures so I could compare them to the women who are donating. All it made me think about is how I really wanted one of my sisters but I would have to wait another year for them. For someone who has already been waiting almost 3 years now, another year feels like an eternity.

Today the question is louder...WHY ME?

No comments: